STATEMENT OF FAITH
ECS Ministries exists to glorify God by providing biblically-sound resources and structured study materials for the purpose of teaching people from every nation to know Jesus Christ as Savior and to live in a way that is consistent with God’s Word.
“That we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.” (Colossians 1:28)
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The Bible is inspired of God, inerrant in the original documents and of final authority in all matters of faith and practice (2nd Timothy 3:16)
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-19; 2nd Corinthians 13:14)
- The Lord Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man. He was born of a virgin and is sinlessly perfect. His sacrifice is substitutionary and representative. He rose bodily from the dead and ascended to His Father’s right hand, where He now ministers as our Great High Priest. He will come to rapture His Church and subsequently return to reign over the earth (John1:1, 14, 18; 1st Peter 1:19; Ephesians 1:19-21; Hebrews 4:15-16; 1st Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20-22)
- Each member of the human race is fallen, sinful, and lost. People must be born again through faith by the work of the Holy Spirit in order to be saved. Redemption is wholly by the blood of Christ, and salvation is by grace, through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 3:9-26; John 3:5-8, 16)
- The Holy Spirit indwells the believer, who is thus empowered to live a godly life (Romans 8:1-17).
- There will be a resurrection of the saved and of the lost, of the saved unto eternal life, and of the lost unto eternal and conscious judgment (Revelation 20:11-15).
- The Church began with the descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost and is composed of all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. These believers are united to Him and to one another by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The Church’s calling, hope, and destiny are heavenly, and its chief functions are to glorify God and to witness for Christ until His return (Acts 2; Ephesians 4:1-16; 1st Peter 2:9-12).
- Christ, the risen Head, is the Giver of spiritual gifts to all believers. Gifted individuals such as evangelists, pastors and teachers, are responsible to Him for their service, and they are given "for the equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the Body of Christ" (Ephesians 4:12).
- There are two Christian ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper. Baptism by immersion signifies that the believer, having died with Christ, is buried with Him in baptism and also is risen with Christ to walk in newness of life (Romans 6:1-4). The Lord's Supper is a memorial feast, instituted by the Lord Himself exclusively for His own (1st Corinthians 11:23-28).
- Every true child of God possesses eternal life and being justified, sanctified, and sealed with the Holy Spirit, is safe and secure for all eternity (John 10:27-30; 1st Corinthians 6:11; Ephesians 1:13-14).
- The personal, imminent return of the Lord Jesus Christ to translate His Church will be followed by the Tribulation and the inauguration of Christ’s reign over the earth; He will then deliver up the Kingdom to God, the Father, that the Triune God may be all in all (Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15-22; 1st Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 6:1-20:3).