EMMAUS BIBLE CHALLENGE 2020
National event for churches and groups to simultaneously study God's Word through Emmaus Worldwide courses.
We want to encourage groups of believers to study God's word, to fellowship around God's word, and to keep each other accountable to faithful Bible study. We hope that participation in the challenge will result in spiritual growth in individuals, and promote committed Bible study in churches across the United States.
In our 77th year of ministry, we're excited to celebrate the 12th Anniversary of the Emmaus Bible Challenge (formerly the Bible Book Challenge). We invite you to join hundreds of Christians and churches in studying God's word together through our course The Story of the King authored by Paul Bramsen.
Challenge yourself in studying God's word.
Challenge each other in your groups.
Connect with other Christians around the country.
Eligibility - Who can participate?
- The Emmaus Bible Challenge is open to anyone! There is no minimum number of participants to create a team.
- This event is USA address locations only.
- Participants should be at an age that they are able to complete the exams without outside assistance.
- If a participant has previously taken the course with Emmaus Worldwide’s Correspondence School, they can participate in the Challenge; however, their existing grade will not be changed in their transcript.
Registration - When should I register?
- Enrollment begins on September 30, 2019. Participants may continue to register until December 16, 2019.
- Each team must submit an online registration form to register their team. All information should be completed, and all fees should be paid prior to materials being released.
- The cost is $10.00 per participant, which includes the course "The Story of the King" by Paul Bramsen, mailings, grading, commenting, and access to live-stream events.
Coordinator Responsibilities - What leaders can expect
The Coordinator acts as the team leader and as the interface between the team and Emmaus Worldwide.
Materials you will receive from Emmaus Worldwide:
- Participant sign-up list (See Promo Materials)
- Poster (See Promo Materials)
- The course
- Study text and exam (one per student)
- Single page answer sheets (1 set of three per student)
- Certificates (Received at the completion of the Challenge)
- 3 prepaid envelopes from mailing team’s completed answer sheets
Materials you will receive from participants:
- Sign up information
- Course fee
- Single page answer sheets (3)
- Each participating group will name a Coordinator who will liaise with the Emmaus Worldwide Correspondence School, sending materials to Emmaus Worldwide and receiving materials from Emmaus Worldwide.
- Advertise the Challenge, organize the team, collect information to complete the Participant Sign-Up List, and collect fees.
- Signup the team at www.EmmausWorldwide.org/Challenge
- Receive materials: Study text and exam (1 per student), single page answer sheets (1 set of three per student) from Emmaus Worldwide.
- Coordinator distributes the materials to each local participant.
- Participants complete the exams and the exam answer sheet and return to the Coordinator.
- Coordinator collects the exam answer sheet, checks all names and addresses, and sends to Emmaus Worldwide using the prepaid envelopes.
- Emmaus Worldwide grades and returns the exam answer sheet to the coordinator.
- Coordinator distributes to the participants.
- Coordinator keeps the team on schedule and provides opportunity for the group to be together for the live-stream events.
- As applicable, the Coordinator receives and distributes certificates.
October 21, 2019 ------- Courses will begin being shipped
December 16, 2019 ----- Deadline to register your team online for the Challenge
January 5, 2020 -------- Challenge begins!
February 5, 2020 -------- First Live-stream Event
February 9, 2020 -------- Exam Answer Sheets for Unit 1 due to Coordinator
February 12, 2020 ------ Submission of Unit 1 postmarked to Emmaus Worldwide
March 4, 2020 ---------- Second Live-stream event
March 8, 2020 ---------- Exam Answer Sheets for Unit 2 due to Coordinator
March 11, 2020 --------- Submission of Unit 2 postmarked to Emmaus Worldwide
April 8, 2020 ------------ Third Live-stream event
April 12, 2020 ----------- Exam Answer Sheets for Unit 3 due to Coordinator
April 15, 2020 ----------- Submission of Unit 3 postmarked to Emmaus Worldwide
April 15, 2020 ------------ Challenge ends
FAQs - A few frequently asked questions
1. Why must we mail the final Exam Answer Sheet by April 15, 2020?
The Emmaus Bible Challenge includes a large number of teams. The end date is equal for all groups and enables Emmaus Worldwide to grade and return each group’s exams in a timely fashion.
2. Does the cost of the course ($10.00) cover all of the costs?
Yes! Emmaus Worldwide covers the cost of shipping the course books. Emmaus Worldwide instructors will grade and comment on the courses. Emmaus Worldwide also covers the costs of the certificates.
3. Can I photocopy the exam sheet?
No, there are no photocopies allowed of the course text or the exam sheets. Any photocopied sheets will not be processed for grading. If your exam sheet is lost please email Zack at email@example.com
Live stream Information
Livestream Event 2020 Information
At the end of each unit, we will be providing an online for a livestream event. This will be your opportunity to ask any questions that you have regarding the Bible course. We will be live-streaming right here on this page and from our Emmaus Worldwide Facebook page.
The schedule for the Livestream events is:
Livestream #1 - Wednesday, February 5, 2020 - noon Central
Livestream #2 - Wednesday, March 4, 2020 - noon Central
Livestream #3 - Wednesday, April 8, 2020 - noon Central