Editorial Content Manager
Emmaus Worldwide is in search of an Editorial Content Manager to maintain and develop biblically sound, high-quality resources for prison, global, and domestic ministry partners.
The Editorial Content Manager is responsible for ensuring that Emmaus Worldwide’s resources are in alignment with the goals and objectives of the ministry in the following ways:
- Developing and leading the ministry’s content strategy, making appropriate adjustments as needed. This includes playing a critical role in the production of new and revised content.
- Being the editorial gatekeeper for all content received from authors and free-lance editors to ensure its quality, clarity, creativity, authenticity, and consistency.
- Planning the design and layout of each product with the Publications Coordinator.
- Ensuring that all content is in compliance with U.S. and International copyright laws.
These responsibilities will require the Editorial Content Manager to develop and strengthen certain internal and external relationships:
- Chairing the editorial committee.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with new and existing authors, including initiating written contract details for book/course agreements.
- Networking with ministry partners to obtain feedback regarding published content.
The Editorial Content Manager must be a spiritually mature, born-again Christian who is in full agreement with Emmaus Worldwide’s Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
This individual must have experience reviewing and analyzing manuscripts and must possess excellent personal writing and editing skills. This position requires a basic understanding of the publishing process. This person must also be comfortable providing direction to authors as well as colleagues in editing, design, and production. The content manager must be able to manage multiple projects in a collaborative environment involving tight deadlines. This position requires organization, attention to detail, self-motivation and adaptability. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and the ability to learn new software is essential.
The Editorial Content Manager should have a college degree/work equivalent background in book editing, English, or language arts and a thorough understanding of the Bible. Ideally, this person would also have a knowledge of evangelical Christian publishing, Christian authors, and markets for Christian books. This position is full time and reports to the Executive Director.
Submit a COVER LETTER and RESUME for consideration.